Avandra™ (avanafil) tablet 50, 100 mg | USMay 20, 2021
Description of the drug Avandra™
- Active Ingredient: Avanafil
- Release Form: Pills
- Usage: erectile dysfunction treatment
- Dosage: 50 mg, 100 mg
- Alcohol: Allowed in small quantities
- Effect: lasts up to 6 hours
- Accept: 15 minutes before sex
- The standard dose is 100 mg.
Avandra™ drug review
Avandra™ is very popular among men who have abnormalities associated with an erection. There are quite a few reasons that lead to sexual impotence, here are some of them:
- Mental problems (depression, neurotic disorders, etc.);
- Wrong way of life (excessive consumption of alcohol, smoking, small mobility throughout the day);
- Hormonal disorders (insufficient amount of male hormones or an overabundance of female hormones);
- The consequences of trauma (damage to the brain, spinal cord, infectious diseases, etc.) are as follows).
The first question that arises before using the drug Avandra™: how long does it last? This is undoubtedly important, because all future developments depend on it.
Thus, Avandra™ Avanafil is considered one of the fastest ways to improve potency. In many studies, men had an erection sufficient to have sex, after 15 minutes of taking the drug, the maximum effectiveness of the drug reached after 30-45 minutes. Good results, right? However, Avandra™ Avanafil is not an aphrodisiac and its action requires sexual arousal.
Duration of action Avandra™
Avandra™ shows itself as a high-end drug.
After the entry of active components into the blood, the substance is stored for a long time in the body. On average, the half-life is about 3-5 hours. The action of the drug retains its effectiveness for about 6 hours.
Application and dosage of Avandra™
The recommended dose is 100 mg, which is taken if necessary about 15-30 minutes before sexual activity. Given the individual effectiveness and tolerability, the dose can be increased to the maximum — 200 mg or reduced to 50 mg.la maximum recommended frequency of application is 1 once a day. To get a response to treatment, sexual stimulation is necessary.
- Often, in search of more affordable drugs, men pay attention to the so-called Generics Avanafil. What is it and what is its difference from the original drugs?
- It should be known that to date, the production of Generics is mainly engaged in Indian enterprises. Their leadership in the market of pharmaceutical analogues is undeniable.
- What is the essence? The companies that manufacture the originals spend huge sums on the development, research, and then advertising of the drugs produced, which is reflected in the high price of the products. Indian companies are more cunning: after the end of the patent period, they take ready-made formulas and begin the production of already ready recipes, bypassing advertising.
- Hence the Conclusion: the advantage of Avandra™ lies mainly in the price, which allows the use of such drugs for a wide range of the population.
- Buying Avandra™ now is not difficult https://stendra-eu.com. This will help our online store, in which you can find complete information about a variety of Generics.
Pharmacological properties of Avandra™ Avanafil
Pharmacodynamics Avandra™ Avanafil
The mechanism of action. Avanafil is a highly selective and potent reversible inhibitor of cGMP-specific PDE-5. When sexual stimulation causes the local release of nitric oxide, the inhibition of PDE-5 by avanafil leads to an increase in cGMP levels in the cavernous bodies of the penis. It promotes the relaxation of smooth muscles and blood flow to the tissues of the penis, which causes an erection. Avanafil shows no effect in the absence of sexual stimulation.
Pharmacodynamic effects of Avandra™ Avanafil
From an in vitro study, it is known that avanafil is highly selective compared to PDE-5. Its effect compared to PDE – 5 is more powerful than compared to other known PDEs (>100 times more powerful than PDE-6; >1000 times more powerful than PDE-4, PDE-8 and PDE-10; >5000 times more powerful than PDE-2 and PDE-7; >10,000 times more powerful than PDE-1, FDE-11). Avanafil is >100 times more potent against PDE-5 than against PDE-6, which manifests itself in the retina and is responsible for photoconversion. The selectivity of the effect on PDE-5, which is about 20,000 times more potent than the effect on PDE-3 (an enzyme detected in the heart and blood vessels), is important since PDE-3 is involved in controlling the contractile function of the myocardium.
Pharmacokinetics Avandra™ Avanafil
Avanafil is rapidly absorbed after oral administration, with a median Tmax — 30-45 min.sa pharmacokinetics is proportionate to the dose within the recommended dose range. It is excreted mainly by hepatic metabolism (mainly by the enzyme CYP 3A4). The simultaneous use of potent inhibitors of CYP 3A4 (for example, ketoconazole and ritonavir) is associated with an increase in the AUC of avanafil in blood plasma. The terminal T½ of avanafil is approximately 6 to 17 hours.
Avanafil is rapidly absorbed. Cmax in blood plasma is reached within 0.5-0.75 h after oral administration on an empty stomach. In the case of taking avanafil with high-fat foods, the absorption rate decreases, while Tmax slows down on average by 1.25 h, and Cmax decreases on average by 39% (with a dose of 200 mg). In this case, there was no effect on the AUC value. Small changes in the Cmax of avanafil are considered to have minimal clinical significance.
Avanafil binds to plasma proteins by about 99%. Protein binding does not depend on the total concentration of the active substance, age, kidney and liver function. Avanafil has not been shown to accumulate in blood plasma when used at a dose of 200 mg 2 times a day for 7 days. According to the results of determining the content of avanafil in the semen of healthy volunteers 45-90 minutes after taking the drug, the semen of patients may be less than 0.0002% of the dose taken.
Avanafil is excreted mainly by the microsomal hepatic isoenzymes CYP 3A4 (main route) and CYP 2c9 (secondary route). The concentration of the main circulating metabolites-M4 and M16-in the blood plasma is about 23 and 29% of the concentration of the initial compound, respectively. The metabolite M4 has a PDE selectivity profile similar to that of avanafil and its inhibitory activity against PDE-5 under in vitro conditions is equal to 18% of the activity of avanafil. Thus, M4 provides about 4% of the total pharmacological activity of the drug. Metabolite M16 was inactive compared to PDE-5.
In humans, avanafil is extensively metabolized. After oral administration, avanafil is excreted as metabolites, mainly in feces (about 63% of the oral dose), and to a lesser extent — in urine (about 21% of the oral dose).
Before any use of the drug, you should study its instructions and be aware of contraindications Avanafil. The drug is forbidden to use in such cases:
- patients who have recently (within the last 6 months) suffered a heart attack or stroke;
- patients under 18 years of age;
- in case of hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- high blood pressure;
- people with disorders of the cardiovascular system;
- patients with problems in the functioning of the kidneys;
If you are not sure about your health, you need to see a doctor!
Side effects of Avandra™
The following side effects are classified by system organs (according to MedDRA) and frequency: very common (≥1/10); common (≥1/100 — <1/10); rare (≥1/1000 — <1/100); rare (≥1/10, 000 – <1/1, 000); very rare (<1/10, 000); frequency unknown (cannot be evaluated on the basis of available data).
- From the immune system: rarely-seasonal allergy.
- From the psyche: rarely-insomnia, premature ejaculation, inadequate affect.
- From the nervous system: often-headache; rarely — dizziness, drowsiness, sinus headaches; rarely-psychomotor hyperactivity.
- From the organ of vision: rarely-blurred vision.
- From the side of the heart: rarely-increased heart rate; rarely-angina pectoris, tachycardia.
- On the part of the vessels: often-hyperemia; rarely-hot flashes, AG.
- From the respiratory system, chest organs and mediastinum: often — stuffy nose; rarely — clogged sinuses, shortness of breath during exercise; rarely — rhinorrhea, stagnation in the upper respiratory tract, epistaxis (nasal bleeding).
- From the gastrointestinal tract: rarely — dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting, discomfort in the stomach; rarely-dry mouth, gastritis, pain in the lower abdomen, diarrhea.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: rarely-rash.
- From the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue: rarely — back pain, muscle tension; rarely — pain in the side, myalgia, muscle spasms.
- From the side of the kidneys and urinary tract: rarely — pollakiuria.
- From the reproductive system and mammary glands: rarely — violations of the penis, spontaneous erection of the penis, genital itching
- Infectious and parasitic diseases: rarely-influenza, nasopharyngitis. Metabolic and food disorders: rarely-gout.
In case of overdose, standard supportive measures should be taken if necessary. It is not assumed that hemodialysis accelerates the clearance of avanafil, since avanafil binds significantly to plasma proteins and is not excreted in the urine. Avanafil was administered to healthy volunteers in single doses up to 800 mg and to patients in multiple doses up to 300 mg/day. Adverse reactions were similar to those observed with lower doses, but their frequency and severity increased.
- 1 Description of the drug Avandra™
- 2 Avandra™ drug review
- 3 Avandra™ effect
- 4 Duration of action Avandra™
- 5 Application and dosage of Avandra™
- 6 Avandra™ Benefits
- 7 Pharmacological properties of Avandra™ Avanafil
- 8 Contraindications Avandra™
- 9 Side effects of Avandra™
- 10 Avandra™ Overdose